Friday, June 5, 2009

Welcome to Summer School!

Hello! All of you have now begun summer school. That means, that you are currently having more fun than you could have ever imagined! I mean, what could be better? You are taking a two-part class with Captain America and Wolverine! How sweet is that?




Anyways, this is my blog. You will need to check this regularly for updates, announcements, and homework assignments. You can also post replies to each one of my posts. So, if you like something you read, or if you have a good idea and need to share it, be sure to leave me a comment!


Here is a reminder of the homework:


Your homework has three components. Be sure to complete the work early so that everyone has a fair chance to add and reply to the discussion.


1) Post your expectations and predictions of the novel. What do you think you'll learn? What are you excited about? What do you think the story will be about? Why?


2) Post your expectations for this summer course. What do you hope to gain and learn from the readin and writing sections of this class? Is there anything in particular that you are really looking forward to? Is there something you would like to do in reading or writing class (write poems, act out scenes from the book, etc)?


3) Respond to at least three other posts. Give a good response to one of your fellow schoolmate's post.


All posts need to be completed by Saturday, June 6th at 10PM in order to be counted for full points. If you have any problems, you can use your new gmail accounts to contact myself or Mr. Stocker.


Soon, you will all be creating your own blog. Blogs are important for many reasons. As writers, they are important because it is a way for us to get our work published for anyone to see. You can post your thoughts, poems, fiction, etc...


I hope this summer course serves as an exciting way for you to learn, practice your writing and reading skills, and of course...have fun!


Mr. Little

14 comments:

  1. OMG!! i no uhh since sixth grade yuve been our teacher dats awsome! but we dint really hav u in 7th grade but still its fun having u aound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really hope ur my homeroom teacher next year alot of 7th graders have been saying that u r the best teacher in pcms and that u are also the coolest teacher!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of the book Of Mice and Men,I'll learn about how men work with mice.I am excited about how the ending is going to be. I think the story will be about mice and men together exploring to find some kind of treasure, because the cover of the book looks like thier exploring something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope to learn in reading about how to paraphraise, and find keypoints. In writing I really hope that we can write stories and do plays. I also hope to learn in writing how to write good poems and use big words.I am looking forward to learn these things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex-I had to create a new acount because I forgot my username and password so I changed my acount

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that the book of mice and men is about people working together for many reasons. Some may be hard times that they are having together. They could behaving family problems. People may be sick or hurt during times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that this is going to be a great summer. We are going to learn many new thing this year that I have never learned about. This summer school program is going to to be very fun. I will enjooy this time very muc with Mr.little and other teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that Maria is right. Many 7th graders say that you are nice and funny. Also very helpful to the student and helpthem when they dont comprehend something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree samuel the article is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ms. Chins math joke was funnier, could you explain yours?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Jackie!! Do you know any good math jokes?

    ReplyDelete