Saturday, June 6, 2009

Runaway Phone

I had my phone stolen this weekend. It's interesting how dependent we have become on these little pieces of metal and plastic. I can still remember when cell phones were huge and bulky, and only corporate guys and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air had them. Now, I have been without the phone for a total of 12 hours and I feel like a part of me is lost.

The funny thing is, I have noticed that the last 12 hours have been lived with minor interruptions. No one was calling me as I went to bed. I didn't have a bunch of mindless text messages to read in the morning (Oh, which ones to reply to??).

I wonder if we all need to lose our phones more often to get back some peace and quiet in our lives.
Regardless, I'll have a new phone activated by noon!

No comments:

Post a Comment