Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Celebrating a Great Year


Sunday marked my wife's and my first wedding anniversary! It's crazy to think that we have already been married a year. Time flies! To celebrate, we spent the day and night in New Braunfels to hit the slides and pools of Schlitterbahn. Now, it's not our first Schlitterbahn experience. No--Kiera and I went to the Galveston park a few months ago. Overall, I have to admit, I expected more. Both parks (Galveston and New Braunfels) were a bit dirty and under-decorated.

Maybe we are spoiled. We are used to going to the Disney theme parks where everything from the signs, to the sidewalks, to the rides are decked out in whatever theme they have. At Schlitterbahn, it's obvious there was no thought into the overall decor of the place beyond the iconic Schlitterbahn castle.
Nonetheless, Kiera and I had a blast soaking up the sun and getting away from Houston for a day.
The best part of driving to Shlitterbahn? Stopping at Buc-ees!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment