Thursday, May 20, 2010

Moving Up to HS


The year is quickly coming to a halt. Students are getting ready for high school. Soon enough, middle school will become that thing that you can barely remember, but you'll remember it was a pretty difficult time in your life.

I trudged through middle school as if it was a snake-infested marsh: it was uncomfortable; it was not what I wished to be spending my time doing; It was highly awkward. But, like a snake-infested marsh, getting out of middle school is exhilarated--it's an accomplishment, to say the least. I mean, let's be honest. You aren't just learning how to read, write, and solve equations in MS. You are also learning about life, girls (or boys), rules (and rule-breaking...and consequences of breaking said rules). Middle school is undoubtedly the most trying period of your adolescent life. And, now that it's over--you have much to be proud of.

I cannot communicate how proud I am of all my students. I can't wait until the day when I get to run into a former student who tells me he/she is changing the world and saving lives. When that day happens, I will probably let out a little chuckle--I will laugh, not because it's humorous, but because I knew all along that my students would someday change the world...and I can't wait until that day becomes a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment