Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where do you spend most of your time?

Watch the video introduction below. When you are finished watching, continue on reading about your homework assignment.

Get a Voki now!


My Space.
We all have our special places where we go to be ourselves. For some of us, it's in our bedroom with the music blaring. For others, it's being anywhere, as long as its with friends or family. And for a small few, your special place might even be at school.
When I was growing up, my place was walking along the train tracks that were near my house. I lived in a small town in the country, and when I needed to clear my head, or just get away for a little while, I would walk the tracks. Some of my best ideas came during these walks.
The assignment:
You are to go home and reflect on the place where you are the most comfortable. This might not necessarily be the place you spend the most time in. Most likely, this is the place where some of your best memories have been made. This might also be the place you go to when you are at your lowest.
Once you have figured out where is your place, you are to take pictures of the space. You need to take these photos and create a presentation that will display your special place. If you do not have a camera, you can draw your own pictures or cut pictures out of magazines that most resemble your place.
Writing:
Included with your presentation(collage or poster), you need to write a 3-4 paragraph explanation of why it is your space. You should be sure to cover the following questions:
  1. Where is this place located?
  2. Describe the space in details (i.e. messy room, posters of Justin Bieber, etc)
  3. What is special about this particular space?
  4. When do you find yourself going to this place? Why?
By completing this assignment, we will all begin to learn more about each other. This assignment is due on Friday, August 27.

2 comments:

  1. My special place is the bottom bunk bed in my room. That place is very neat and has the perfect amount of shade. The place is very comfortable because of my pillows, bed sheet, and blanket. The bed is about a foot high, a yard wide, and 5 feet and 4inches. The bed is not on the ground but on a metal bed holder that is about a foot high. I can read a book, listen to music, and/or play games perfectly because of the exact amount of shade needed in my space. I can even do my homework and draw too because of the right height of both the bed and metal bunk. I find myself on my special place when I want or need to sleep. I just love my bed!

    Calvin Ta 8-3 Aug. 24, 2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. my special placce is my room. my Justin b cd is always playing and i have my favorite book. the bed in my room is in the center of the room with justin beiber posters all around. im always there because it is the quietest place in my house. thats where my family cant come in and bother me one bit

    ReplyDelete