Monday, August 17, 2009

Buffalo Bills and Wild Animals

Football season is here! Woohoo!!!
This week has been an adventurous one for me. Last Sunday, I watched as my Buffalo Bills played in the Hall of Fame Game. The time was made better because we had friends over for good food and football. Though the Bills lost (by three points) I wasn't too downcast--after all, preseason doesn't really count :)

This weekend, Kiera and I went to to Houston Zoo (you can see two of the many pictures that I took while there). Believe it or not, this was my FIRST time going to the zoo here. I've been to plenty of zoos in my life--some of the nation's best zoos--however, I just never had the time to check out Houston's zoo. Well, I am glad I did. It's a decent-sized zoo with enough variety to keep you from going bored. What I was most impressed with was the overall landscape of the place. They did a great job in making you forget that the zoo is located smack-dab in the center of the 4th largest city in America.
Most of all, the zoo gave me a great place to mess around with my camera. For all of you who are interested in photography, feel free to go places and just capture what you see. You don't need any fancy equipment to be a good photographer! Below you'll see a few of the shots I was able to capture...


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous pics from the zoo. Thanks for sharing. Wish precious little Mrs. Little all the best as she gets ready to start school as well. Football season (for real) just can't get here soon enough! I watched a few grow up who are now Houston Cougars. So proud! Go Coogs!

    ReplyDelete